Mar 8th, 2019
Mar 9th, 2019
Mar 10th, 2019 5:00 pm
To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of the one-and-only Leonard Bernstein, Musica Viva NY presents a program of Bernstein’s cherished masterworks, alongside immensely beautiful compositions by Aaron Copland, one of Bernstein’s dearest friends and colleagues. Enjoy the best of Americana with this program of music by two of the greatest American icons of the 20th century.
Make Our Garden Grow
Appalachian Spring, Chamber Suite
Concerto for Clarinet, Strings and Harp
Mar 10th, 2019 3:30 pm
Join the AVM as they explore the world of American folk music.
- MACK WILBERG select arrangements
- COPLAND Old American Songs, Sets I & II
- GWYNETH WALKER River Songs
Mar 10th, 2019
Mar 14th, 2019
Mar 14th, 2019 8:00 pm
Marin Alsop conducts the world premiere of a BSO commission for orchestra and chorus by popular British composer Roxanna Panufnik in a program including Bernstein, Copland, and Villa-Lobos.
- ROXANNA PANUFNIK Across the Line of Dreams: Harriet Tubman and Rani Lakshmibai
- COPLAND Appalachian Spring
- BERNSTEIN Chichester Psalms
- VILLA-LOBOS Chôros No. 10
Mar 14th, 2019 11:00 amMar 15th, 2019 8:00 pmMar 16th, 2019 8:00 pm
Join the Minnesota Orchestra for the U.S. premiere of Mark-Anthony Turnage’s homage to composer Steve Martland, performed hypnotically by Colin Currie, and Missy Mazzoli’s darkly evocative work inspired by James Tate’s poem The Lost Pilot. Copland's Symphony No. 3 will close out the concert.
- MAZZOLI These Worlds in Us
- TURNAGE Martland Memorial
- COPLAND Symphony No. 3